My name is Rocío Esmeralda...What's your name?


My parents Baptist me by the Name of Rocío Esmeralda
Me baby
Me baby
My middle name is Esmeralda and was chosen by my Aunt Guillermina, she is the one with the yellow dress. She says that I have the most beautiful green eyes just like an Emerald stone. Guille is my favorite Aunt and I call her Mamí because she is like my second Mother but I will tell you more about her in another special post.
Me baby
My Godparents were my Uncle Tomás(the guy with sunglasses,lol) & Aunt Guillermina(yellow dress), siblings of my Mother.

Me baby
from left to right My Dad, Aunt Guille, Uncle Tomás, Me, My Mom

If You didn't press pause on my playlist you are definitely listening to my Mother's Favorite Singer "Rocío Durcal"

My Mother
Ml5p-13P-1

She named me after her favorite Singer
Rocío Durcal


Rocío Durcal was a Spanish singer and Actress from 1959-2006. Her real name was María de los Angeles de la Heras Ortiz, her birth and death occurred in Madrid, Spain to read more about her click here


My Mother has a passion for music, she loves to sing and dance. I remember, every morning around 5:45am she would always turned on the radio very loud while everyone was sleeping. What a way to wake up, huh!

I will never forget her music it was so romantic and beautiful.
I remember the old fashion discs, she had a big collections of many singers.
I specially remember these records


She still has them some where in her house.

My father used to say that My Mother looked like Rocío Durcal what do you think?
My Mother is the one in the middle


Anyways back to my name, if you translate my name to English it means
"Dew"
Def: It's water in the form of droplets that appears on thin, exposed objects in the morning or evening. As the exposed surface cools by radiating its heat, atmospheric moisture condenses at a rate greater than that at which it can evaporate, resulting in the formation of water droplets.

Well there you have it! That is where my name comes from and

So Let me ask you, where does your name comes from?
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW!

If you want to share the origin of your name make a post with your story and come back and link your blog to MckLinky or just leave me a comment with the story.

I think our names are individually special and that they should be share with the rest of the world!!!




blog comments powered by Disqus